Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gingerbread Kiss Cookies from Baked By Rachel

I don't remember how I found this recipe (I think it might have been from the Kitchn) but, oh my God, these cookies are amazing. I made them last night for a potluck, and it took all my willpower not to eat them all right then. They turned out much darker than in Rachel's pictures so I was a little nervous, but the gingerbread was spicy and chewy and very crunchy on the outside - basically, it was perfect. If you need a Christmas cookie and haven't had luck with anything you've baked so far, try these. Seriously. 

You have to chill the batter first so make sure you factor that into
your baking time.
Mmmm Hershey's milk chocolate kisses!
Aren't they adorable?!?!?!
You roll the dough into balls and then roll that in some granulated sugar. For the first batch, the cookies were a little too small, so make sure you scale your cookie to the size of your chocolate kisses!

I don't know if there is anything more beautiful than melted
chocolate.
First delicious bite! And yup, melted
chocolate is the best.

You can find the recipe at Baked by Rachel. I am definitely going to be trying more of her recipes!



And I had but one penny in the world. Thou should'st have it to buy gingerbread.
- William Shakespeare (Love's Labours Lost)

No comments:

Post a Comment